Wednesday, May 16, 2007



The Alibi Resto-Pub.


There was a time I thought that Dilallo's had the best burgers. But that has long changed. The Alibi Resto-Pub has some of the finest ale on tap complimented with some excellent choices in lunch and dinner fare.
My favorite is the Alibi Burger plate - fantastic! You might think, "why is Les getting so excited about a humburger for?" - Well ask for it by name- Alibi burger", on a fresh bun, hot off the grill sizzling hamburger with mozzarella, bacon, onions, steak sauce and a dash of hot pepper with a cold beer! Take a bite and there's no looking back. Heaven!

Now I am really picky. So when I say the food is good- I mean it.

Then you have the people -Carolyn (Fewtrell) and her husband Brian Finnerty (- owners). You might run into Carolyn's sister Cheryl or her husband Glen Currie.

At lunch time during the week you might be lucky enough to see Bruce Bennett Sr. and Bruce Bennett Jr. They are always good for a smile and some intelligent conversation.

In short - its a people place. OUR People place - a solid piece of HOME. Chateauguay! I will be there on Saturday for Lunch...and you know what I'm having. Just ask Darlene Hunt - she'll tell you. And she should be working that day too. Good Food, Good People, Good Prices!

(On Friday and Saturday look on D'Anjou Blvd. for the Welcome Reunion 72 and Friends Banner.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Folks, something unexpected has come up this weekend that requires my full and undivided attention. Instead of joining old friends as planned I'll be dealing with other matters but joining you all in spirit. I realize the fee was marked nonrefundable to cover certain expenses but ask that my deposit be forwarded to Gerd's get well fund if at all possible.

Have a magnificent time and please consider yourselves hugged in a big group hug mind of way.

with much love,

brian mcinnis