Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Hi Les,
Here it is closing in on the end of February so it must be time to get to that January to do list:(.

I have attached a picture of myself and family at my daughter Lindsay's wedding December 29 2006. That is the last family photo I have but I think we still look pretty much the same. From left to right, my husband of 29 years Jim Pfeiffer, a Massachusetts native I met while attending CEGEP at Champlain College ( he was attending Bishop's University).

On my other side -my daughter Lindsay Williams .
She is now residing in Fairbanks Alaska putting her BFA in visual communication, major in illustration , major in biology to use at a graphic design firm.

Her husband Joey Williams hails from Wisconsin by way of Chicago. A graduate of West Point, is with the Army Stryker brigade stationed in Fairbanks. There is quite a story in the meeting, dating and wedding, but perhaps best saved until the next reunion.

On the far right is my son James. He is a junior at Norwich University in Vermont studying Architecture on an ROTC scholarship. He is planning an career.

I ask myself all the time, "How did a peace loving soul like myself get surround by all these army types?" I will say though, that my image of "army types" has drastically changed since meeting many friends of my son and son-in-law -a compassionate, caring group with strong family values, inevitably a bit mischievous yet underpinned with humor.



I am a physical therapist since graduating McGill in 1979.

I have worked in many different areas, schools, hospital, rehab facility, my own practise, teaching at a community college, and for the last 10 years at an outpatient orthopedic facility.

The children are grown and away so we are empty- nesters now. The dog is not pleased with the transition as we don't seem to wrestle with or chase him as well as James did.

I am active in my church, and Jim with the boy scouts. Jim is self employed in the payroll processing business. I guess that brings you up to speed a bit. I am fine with you editing this letter and posting the picture and bio on the blog with a challenge to all the other class of 73 members to let me know what they are up to. :) Happy cabin fever!
Gerry

Ah - Gerry - what a handsome family!
How is it that you look just as good as you did in high-school?
You and your husband have much to be proud of.
Les

No comments: