Friday, June 10, 2011

Helping The children left after the HIV /AIDS affliction in Africa

To all my friends,
I’m taking part in Stride to Turn the Tide, a national walk organized by Canadian grandmothers and grand”others” for the Grandmothers to Grandmothers Campaign of the Stephen Lewis Foundation.
I am walking to raise funds for African grandmothers living in communities hardest hit by the AIDS pandemic. These indomitable women are not only caring for their grandchildren orphaned by AIDS , but leading the way in innovative grassroots responses to the pandemic – responses  that are transforming their communities and helping to turn the tide of HIV and AIDS.

Help me reach my fundraising goal! Every dollar counts! It’s easy to contribute. All you need to do is click on the link below - or copy and paste it into your browser - and then click on the Donate button in the top-right corner of my walk page.

Click here to sponsor me!
Go to my Event Page

Every dollar raised and put into the hands of African grandmothers supports their efforts for health care, nutritious food, emotional counselling and a hopeful future for their grandchildren. Thank you for helping me and the grandmothers of Canada Stride to Turn the Tide.
Check back regularly to see how I’m doing!

Thanks so much,

Leslie Mcconnell


Spread the word about my walk!
Go to my Event Page

Join a walk or register your own team to walk! Visit Go to my Event Page

The Stride to Turn the Tide is a Grandmothers’ Campaign initiative. All proceeds support grassroots organizations in sub-Saharan Africa run by and for African grandmothers and the children in their care.  To learn more about these organizations and how they are working together with African grandmothers to turn the tide of HIV and AIDS in Africa, please visit: www.stephenlewisfoundation.org

No comments: