Friday, September 15, 2006

"Come in" she said, "I'll Give ya shelter from the storm..."


Sue Davis on Dawson
Hi Les, I just read the blog for Wednesday. I'm so glad you found your son safe and sound. I too, have a kid at Dawson. My daughter Jill had left her morning class just 15 minutes before the gunman entered the building or she would definitely have been in that cafeteria. I got her cell phone call at about 1:30 to let me know she was at Marionopolis visiting friends. What a horrible, horrible thing to have to deal with as young teens. I don't know how I would have handled anything happening to her from this distance. I thank God that police were nearby and could contain things before any more were hurt or killed. Next week will be tough for these young kids. As I told my daughter, she will be a support to her friends and her community as they will be for her. Don't let terror win you over. Remember your mom's British tenacity. We're NOT afraid!! It's a comfort to her and I know she will need it. She is exhausted by the reports of all a kid her age shouldn't see or never know. She feels a certain guilt about not being there for her friends. She knew the young girl who died. The post traumatic stress will be huge. My love to the families coping with tragedy and grief. We are all with you Dawson!
Feel free to publish this too, Les.
Tell Jacob that we are thinking of him... Jill and me.

No comments: