Sunday, November 19, 2006

The Man With The Heart of Gold

Mr. Roddy McManus.

I am truly very lucky to have Roddy as a friend. We have known each other since summer days in the sand box and his beautiful green tricycle when we were kids.

He is very talented - a Producer no less, with a Quebec media firm; always 'on the go', putting together TV or Film deals sometimes pitching to CBC or others, sometimes writing.

It just kills me when I receive a call from him and I say - "So Roddy - what's new?"
And he'll respond .. "I just finished talking up a deal here in Cannes at the Film festival. I'm on a balcony overlooking the Mediterannean, the beach and -Wow!- you should see the bathing suit on th..."
"Gee , thanks Rod."

He is self effacing, gentle and knows how to make people feel good about themselves without 'slapping it on with a trowel'. His lovely and intelligent 'better half' - Roslyn (Happy Birthday Ros!) has been known to work in some very unique circles putting togther 'fashion shoots'. (you would never believe who -even if I told you).

Roddy is still remembered for his abilities on the key boards with various bands (The Angry Young Ducks). And he still hangs out with Ricky Rice form time to time.

Roddy is very talented. He can quickly visualize the power and potiential of an idea or an angle. His mind is sharp and his heart is kind. He always has been and is still, a "good" man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you Rod... it feels like years ago but we had so much fun together and right now I feel so old looking at pictures and remembering all the fun times we had!