Friday, November 17, 2006

Some very special people from our collective past :

Catherine (Wylie) and Ernie Laporte

I remember when I was not quite in my teens, there was this self possesed and magical young lady with poise and grace walking through the development where I lived. I had a profound realization that day that ball hockey with "the guys" was not quite all there was in life.

Later in High school there was a young man who was handsome, carried himself with a sense of purpose and charm. He was an athlete and all round good person -someone whose character would not be bad to imitate.

In my teens I could not have ever said such things out loud. But looking back and at this picture
I know two good people when I see them.
There are others - John Dempster, Dave and Annette Maclean, Judy and Frank Deere , Richard Rankin, Lynda Young, Debbie Hanney, Gervase Bushe, Colleen Hillock, Michael Sarrey, Gerald Finlay, Cathy Gulkin, Dave and Steve Porier, Bob and Gaby Houston, Barb and Dan Zimmerman and many more.

No comments: