Friday, November 24, 2006

Stephan Fuchs

I recall when Stephan was much younger, his getting on the bus to go to school.

It was a time I was considered older and maybe even wiser by his age group at Billings. (I like to delude myself from time to time.) Stephan is now older and wiser. He is known for his prowess in the courtroom, going after some fairly big shots, who have had their way with the "regular people".

A lawyer's life is not easy, especially if one is in court much of the time. One has to prepare and keep one's eye on the detail and on what the opposing attorney has not done. Lawyers take the 'butt' of many a joke. It is when you get a good lawyer, that you thank goodness and get on with your life.

Like Lawyers or not - I am told by those who have paid for his services, that he is great to have on your side in the court room. We have to remember that lawyers are human beings, make mistakes, are fallible and are born with their own demons to wrestle with and then they have to take ours on too.

Here he is having lunch with me today at Rigoletto's, perhaps Chateauguay's best Italian Restaurant, near the green bridge leading to West End at 68 Salaberry where, for a change,he is "the client". Stephan graduated after '72 and I will be very pleased to see him at the reunion as a 'friend of 72' .

No comments: