Saturday, May 27, 2006




Hi Les

The last time I saw you, we were at the Billings twenty-fifth high-school hockey reunion.

At that time you were working on getting all of us together in some way.

I have heard a number of names mentioned as to who is organizing this reunion, and God bless them and I would love to see them all, - but you are the one who encouraged me sign up.

I know many interested at this time, are trying to find ways to motivate others, - to show next year, over the Victoria Day weekend.

I am hearing the most interesting stories - of their lives.

This, I feel - is absolutely why, we should all regroup, - perhaps, to compare without judging.
But alas, there is yet another reason -deeper.
I have recently attended the funeral of a MAN, who (unbeknownst to him), was one of my mentors. He was my neighbour - Bob Agnew.
Bob was older than me by four years and a great friend.

His brother, John, was the “best man” for me when I was wed to Kathy Noble.


Bob had a series of unfortunate health events that led to his death.
The last time I saw him, he was a postman - in Toronto.
It was only at his funeral that I found out he had a 'Masters degree', in Engineering!

This, modest and telling revelation is one example of WHY we need to ‘Come Together’. (Before, while we are still able and not when it is too late).

We have over the years lost many of our friends, - Dave Crawford, Bob Howarth, Carol Howarth, my sister Jane Kennedy … the list goes on, unfortunately.
I am not trying to be a ‘downer’, but I want to let us all ‘know’, that our "time" is limited in life.

A reunion is the best opportunity to see each other in an environment where there are no (and can be no) pretenses! We can let go the masks of who we have become or try to be –and go back for but a moment - to a time and place we carry in our hearts – a time of wonderment and hope (and if we are lucky), we can carry some of that away)!

It is thanks to you and your friends, organizing this timely event, that an old friend of mine has been in touch, after more than thirty years - Nancy McLenaghen.

I won't try to recreate the tremendously interesting and informative years I had at Billings, at least not in this writing ( I will do my best in person).

But, I will mention a few names in hopes that they too, will want to join us one year from now:
Kevin Carlin, Tom Stabb, Brian Stewart, Larry Smith, Tom Howarth, Isabelle Stark, Barry Kaye, Dave Poirier, Brent Butler, Lorel Butler, Bruce Tomilson, Mark McManus, Sandy Leedham, Bruce Bennett, Lenore Cutway, Nancy Murphy, Pasty Donna, Carol Crawford, Steve Heggison, Gary Reid, Ricky Hilton, Ernie Laporte, Wayne Reid, Ricky Reid, Euard Reid, The Palmer Boys, John Dial, Fred Green, Doug Miller, Mike Adamaky, Mike Parsons, Mark McManus, Mary Chartrand, Lee-Anne Chartrand, Susan Hayes, Susan Roman, Trevor Crawford, and of course my brother Joe Kenedy.

I can probably go on and on, but my hope is that these people in particular will remember others and INVITE, INVITE, INVITE!

I have purposely not mentioned people who are already on the site. I have also not mentioned spouses as I am sure they will be informed, at least we hope!

I am sure I could write an interesting story of each of the folks mentioned.

Count me in, - God-willing!
Jack Kennedy
Locker 102

No comments: