Friday, September 21, 2007

The Blog Goes On...

Here from this morning's breakfast are our two friends Lynda Porter and Ron Enros.

Both of them will be forwarding me individual short biographies so I can put into focus who they are now. But until I receive those pieces, I will describe my perception of them. Hopefully I'll get it right for the most part.

( I am a financial/investment adviser and recently I was prompted by one of my clients to get in touch with Lynda.)


(I am a financial/investment adviser and recently I was prompted by one of my clients to get in touch with Lynda.)


LYNDA PORTER

My client said, " She makes all this money on the market and then goes traveling to Africa and Europe."

That certainly got my attention.

Lynda patiently put up with my questioning.

My client was partially right. Lynda also does publications and translating for corporations and in Tax season has a Tax preparation business.

Further, she also brightens lives of seniors in their residences, allowing them to travel or escape vicariously, as she conducts photo presentations of the world destinations she has visited (eg. South Africa) sharing her travel experience with story and visual.

From what I can tell, Lynda appears single -and thoroughly enjoys travel, photography and her life.

Before breakfast, as I sat on the inner terrace of "Orange", a restaurant on Decarie Street in NDG. I happened to catch sight of a fit figure - bicycling in approach, long thick curls floating on the sunlit morning breeze - with a smile and a wave.

I thought, "Wow! Now that young lady has the look of independence." I put on my glasses to get a better look and sure enough, it was Lynda.

She is as friendly now and of light good spirit, as I had known back in high school.

As we chatted over coffee waiting for Ron, I couldn't help wishing I had taken more time back in High School to get to know her better. She is clearly capable, intelligent and looks really good.


RON ENROS

Unlike Lynda, I have bumped into Ron Enros and his wife (MJ) at least 15 or 20 times in the past 35 years. It is my understanding that like myself, he did a bout of corporate existence in the USA as an executive, for a time.

Later he chose the road of independence - owning a store in Westmount on Sherbrooke Street, of collectible unique garments of past years, which movie productions would use in period pieces.

(If I am not mistaken, my wife (Jane) had the opportunity to wear some of these garments (circa 1920), as an "extra" in a movie some years ago -spending her day with Robert DeNiro and James Woods . (Once Upon A Time In America) Unfortunately her segment of the movie ended up on the cutting room floor.)

Nowadays, Ron and his wife have a fairly successful business - selling unique items, collectibles and Antiques on E-Bay.

Having breakfast and catching up with Lynda and Ron on such a beautiful Friday was quite pleasant ... "Oh yes! - Thanks for the stock tips Lynda...I'll put them to good use for myself and my clients. Perhaps I'll catch up with you ... who knows - in China next year?"

(PS Why does Ron remind me of the child actor Moochie from all the Disney movies ... "Mr.Stubbs Mr. Stubbs" he cried, "Don't die!")
L

No comments: