Sunday, September 09, 2007

Life Lesson in Reunion

If there is one lesson I have learned from the Reunion experience, it is this – ‘time’ is a subjective illusion.

There is only continuum from start to finish - and so, I think my real job now is to consciously-
if not forcibly, -slow down and savour each moment.

This cannot be done with an excessive daily ‘to-do’ list.
The more I have crammed into one day, the faster paced my perception of time.

Life seems to be set up with hints along the way, -of the "finite nature" of existence.

We each seem to have an invisible clock, each with longer or shorter times.

When our time is up, argument and regret are useless- so too is money.

All that can help is a positive attitude and a previous consistent defensive investment in health by maintaining a regimen of balance and exercise and pre-emptive medical tests. And a collection of fulfilling life moments.

I have tended to take life for granted, what with nine to five grind along with other ‘worn in’ habits and rituals that clothe my existence.

I think the Reunion has caused me to conclude, that my goal from now on, is to 'consciously' consume "My TIME’,- moment by moment while getting rid of people who waste that time - along with things that cause me to 'rush'

I figure that if I can do this, – whether it be by slowing the pace of driving, eating,‘to-do’s, and increasing time spent with those I love, I should be o.k. (Quality versus Quantity.)

Don’t get me wrong, I love my life and what I do daily, but that part does have it’s predictability- like a pair of perfectly 'worn in' jeans or sandals.

I just think it is good to step outside of that reality- occasionally- and grab hold of an experience that gives just a little more (extra-ordinary) meaning to existence.

We all did that at the Reunion.

You are to be congratulated for stepping out and taking part.

I am pleased

to put my old jeans

back on now

and tuck my life in ‘just so’ …

but I do

need some new

sandals

though.

I love you all.

Les

No comments: