Tuesday, September 04, 2007

New Focus

I found that the three day extravaganza of our Reunion passed too quickly.

I did not connect with as many people as I would otherwise like to have. Of course I was zipping here and there in the background trying to make the things move as seamlessly as possible.

Recently, I have been reached by those who have heard about it, but were simply not able to be there. So, I have decided firstly to leave this blog in place as a 'mirage-montage' as my old Dawson professor, David Gray, used to say.

It will stand as a process 'in place' so you can (at any time) review the year that led up to the reunion and the pictures from the reunion itself.

Keep in mind, one can go to Facebook to Sue Davis's site and see an even more complete photo collection composed of the reunion and also individuals who did not make it there -such as Sonja and others.

Secondly, you will notice the new focus of this blog on the banner above.

I shall highlight bio's of those who wish to let the rest of us know what their (your) life is composed of now-a-days.

For example, I would post your photograph and you could describe your life a little in the past few years or since high-school -if you are so inclined.

I would love to have a picture of Barbara Haig, - up in Prince Rupert and see the fishing boat and know more about the Queen Charlottes.

Another Possibility:
This could be like a slow moving, ever accumulating 'REALITY SCRAPBOOK and REAL- REUNION-ON-LINE.

It will not be as fast paced as Facebook. This is intentional, since ( I am told) many people do not actually wish to have all the interaction that is offered there. (To each his own.) But some are ready for a slower, more controlled one way communication where they can perhaps, tell their story, with a degree of anonymity, to at least let others have exposure to the wisdom gained by their experience. I guess it could be compared to late night radio?

You can tell me about the effect of 'growing up' compared to what you remember of yourself back in 'the day'.

You might tell me about the effect of having had children or not having had children.

You may tell me about how retirement is for you.

You can tell me about your aches and pains, divorce, re-marriage, death of parents, friends, brother, sister or spouse.

You might wish to tell me how you kicked smoking or any other dependency.

Perhaps you have recently 'come-out' and are damned proud and want to tell all who knew you prior to metamorphosis. Fine -let us know.

Depending upon what kind of impact it has (shock value), I may or may not publish it here in the blog.

I reserve the right to vet it, edit some words or phrasing to make it move more, but I will not change the essence.

You can write about your fight with weight gain or loss, children and the hard or good times.

You might have even lived alone for many years and you might want to tell us of the process of adapting to the pure silence and absorbing world of solitude.

You may have had a brush with cancer or violent spouse and want to write us.

In short, you may wish to pass on your wisdom to allow others to consider action and perhaps benefit. Then again you may not - you have a choice.

These 'REAL' stories would have a benefit for others who are not yet where you are, but will or could well eventually be.

You may want to have me change your name and simply publish your story. I will do this, if and only if -you reveal who you are to me with your e-mail address. I will not publish a bio that is apparent fiction.

I want to know about all your good stories and successes too!
Newly married? New Grand children? New Children? New car? Goal achieved at work or in your business? Tips you wish to pass on to us that will help us succeed? Raw Survival?

Note: You may want me to take something out later that YOU wrote. Fine. No problem. I will take it out.

Let me know what you think. Send me an e-mail.

I also would love to read about your reaction to having come back to town for the Reunion '72. Was it good for you? What had the most profound effect on you? Was Chateauguay a big/small shock?

That's it for now.
L

No comments: